Nerja is without doubt the most popular destination east of Malaga with an all year round climate, a comfortable and relaxed lifestyle, great communications – Málaga’s international airport is just 40 minutes drive along the motorway, Granada city and Sierra Nevada ski resort just over an hour away, and Nerja is renowned world wide for its famous Caves.
Unlike many coastal resorts in other parts of Spain, Nerja is open all year round. You can have lunch on the beach in Nerja on Christmas day as well as any other day of the year. The town is very manageable with a local population of around 26,000 people (registered) but which is slightly more due to many foreign residents who live temporarily during winter months.
Given the current economic climate and the fall in Spanish property prices, Nerja continues to attract buyers seeking a bargain. Not all visitors to Nerja however purchase a property, but rent one. Long term rentals, over a period of a standard eleven months are extremely popular of late as would-be buyers prefer to rent first, study the market and purchase later.
Naturally, Nerja is also a very popular holiday resort with a great selection of all types of accommodation, many beaches both in the town and along the scenic coastline surrounding the town.
There is a host of cozy restaurants offering all types of cuisine especially of course, fresh fish and tapas, many boutique shops, hotels and guest houses (hostals), banks, etc. There are all sorts of outdoor activities… visit the typically Spanish inland villages such as Frigiliana and Competa, go hiking or cycling in the mountains, horse riding, fishing or just laze on the beach!
- If you are interested in visiting Nerja check out our holiday rentals section.
- Looking for a longer period? Then try long term rentals in Nerja.
- And if you’re convinced that it’s the time for you to purchase in Nerja, take a look at our properties for sale.
- Tourist information about Nerja with some great HD videos.
- Guide to purchasing a property in Spain.
- Guide to selling a property in Spain.
- Long term rental terms and conditions.