The way to sell or rent your house FASTER and for a BETTER price
Statistics show that potential buyers make up their mind within the first 60 seconds of entering a property. They need to imagine themselves living in the house that they visit.
The following points will assist you to prepare your property for sale or rental in a way that allows potential buyers to have an immediate reaction and to “fall in love with the house”. It should also help you to attract more potential visitors / buyers.
Preparing your property for sale or for rent:
- Thorough cleaning – a dirty kitchen or bathroom gives a very bad impression. It is also important to remember to clean the windows (letting in more light).
- Lighting – Open curtains and turn on lights in darker areas.
- Depersonalize to create a neutral environment – by packing away personal items, toys, photos etc. It is important that the potential buyer can imagine themselves living in the property.
- Uncluttering – take away clothes and personal items to create the impression of space.
- Create a positive first impression from the entrance of the house.
- Use neutral colours – there are many different tastes out there, but it is best to have the property as neutral as possible so that the majority of visitors feel comfortable in the environment.
- A nice smell helps to give a good impression – Put scented flowers, candles or fresh air fragrances in rooms.
- Minor improvements or repairs - such as ‘touch up’ painting, repairs to flooring etc.
- The outside – it’s not just the inside of the property that is important but also the terrace, patio and garden areas.
These points can make your home look bigger, brighter, more inviting and create a better first impression. Remember, you are trying to sell or rent a property and not your home!
- Photography – Perhaps the most important consideration is that of good photographs. And it’s not just about the camera, it’s the photographer! Many estate agents fail in this department. Some use professional photographers. Others actually get it right. Whoever you use, ensure that the property is projected in the best possible manner.
BEFORE AND AFTER:
Example of a property professionally photographed:
The LGP Spain also collaborates with professional photographers and interior designers. With a small investment you could raise the profile of your home and also attract more potential visitors and buyers. Contact us for further information.